Let me start by saying I am not computer/tech savvy, so I do not know how to properly link blogs.
I was nominated for this award by http://www.tacklemayhemfarms.wordpress.com Thank you very much!
Please visit her blog, and enjoy. 🙂 I have, and am looking forward to future posts.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
I looked into what this award was about a little further, and saw that the nominees should be blogs that inspire you, or those that bring a little sunshine to your life. 😉
Here are the questions I was asked to answer…
- If you could only eat one flavor of ice cream for the rest of your life, what would it be? Choosing one is very hard. I LOVE ice cream! I suppose at the moment I would choose a mocha chip.
- What music do you listen to when you need motivation? I don’t listen to music unless I am in my car, so it wouldn’t be for motivation. I enjoy Christian music, but I tend to be picky about the messages and can’t listen to all Christian music since I feel it doesn’t always follow the Bible correctly. I also listen to music from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. I don’t listen to much current chart topping music, but there are definitely some catchy ones out there.
- What was your favorite childhood toy? It’s been a long time since I was a child. LOL! I remember playing with Barbie dolls with the other girls in my neighborhood, and I remember having some sort of Strawberry Shortcake house. If those memories stand out, they must have been my favorites right? 😉
- What is your idea of the perfect date night? Date night, yeah right! My hubby and I don’t go on dates. We don’t have babysitters for our kids, or any family that could watch our kids for us. The closest thing to a date night for us is when the 2 little kids are sleeping, my oldest is playing a video game in his room, and we get to watch a movie kid free. It would be nice to get away for a night, and maybe spend it at the casino. We haven’t done that in over 11 years. It’s been a blessing not to be able to go and waste money, but one night with a set amount of money to gamble might be a fun treat. We really enjoyed playing roulette.
- What is your favorite part of blogging? My favorite part of blogging is having a place to share life experiences that might help other people in similar situations and support them through difficult times/decisions. I also appreciate having a place to document major moments in my life. What is your biggest obstacle to blogging? My biggest obstacles to blogging are having quiet time to do so, (with 3 kids.. 11 years old, 2 1/2 years old, and 6 months) and getting caught up reading too many other blogs. I quit Facebook long ago, because I spent too much time reading other people’s updates and not enough time living my life and enjoying my family. I need to make sure I don’t make that mistake again.
- If you could redo any room in your home without a budget, what room would it be and why? I could use a lot of remodeling in my home, but instead of actually re-doing a room, I would just like to add another bathroom. We have one bathroom for a family of 5. Often times there is a line, and 2 of us aren’t even needing the toilet yet. Being able to take a shower without someone on the toilet would be nice. 😉
- Wine or beer? Neither. I haven’t had a drink in a very long time. I grew up in a household where my parents drank beer and liquor, but when I tried beer I did not like it. When I did drink alcohol, it was mixed drinks like a fuzzy navel or a wine cooler. My feelings on alcohol are strong, because my father drank himself to death. He was very depressed, and I believe he felt drinking himself to death wouldn’t be painful. It led to several hospitalizations, and hallucinations though and took years for him to get the result he was aiming for. It was very sad to witness.
- What one book could you read over and over? This one stumps me. I read Stephen King mostly, because he was my mom’s favorite author. Since I lost her when I was 17, I am comforted by collecting his works, and reading what I know she enjoyed. I don’t usually re-read his books, unless I have put the book down for a while and need to re-read a section to get back into it. I really enjoy his books, even if they are dark and contain language that I try not to use.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? We have decided as a family not to celebrate holidays anymore. We hate feeling pressured to buy things or do things just because everyone else is doing it. We like to buy gifts and take special trips randomly, when the mood hits rather than because the calendar says to. We also feel that God’s Word tells us to avoid the holidays the way they are being celebrated.
- How did you come up with the name of your blog? I chose my name because I honestly feel that God has a plan for my life, and that I should stop trying to make my life what I think it should be. One of my favorite Bible verses is Proverbs 3:5, which is “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding” I have tried to control areas in my life without much success, and there have been events in my life that I wouldn’t have planned for myself. I know they come from the Lord and I only hope I am using these events to bring glory to Him.
- What do you hope is your lasting impact on the world? Most importantly I hope that I raise my children to Love God and to further His kingdom. I know I am not perfect, but I hope to give my family the love and support they deserve so that they know how much I love them. This can be very difficult when our lives are filled with so many demands on our time. I know I can let my stress get the best of me, and that can lead to me snapping at my family. Hopefully I will do a good enough job so that when my kids are grown and start their own lives they still want me in them.
Here are the blogs I nominated…
Here are my questions
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite non-blogging hobby?
- What is your favorite television show/movie?
- Do you have a favorite animal? If so, why is it your favorite?
- If you won the lottery would you retire?
- Do you have a favorite meal/recipe?
- What is your favorite season?
- How much screen time do you allow yourself or your children?
- Are you a planner, or spontaneous?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Video games or board games?
I hope you learned something about me, and will enjoy reading more from me in the future. I am looking forward to reading the responses to my questions and am happy to have been given this opportunity to connect with more bloggers.